Addicted to Instagram? Delete Your Account!
It's no secret that social media can be addicting. If you're someone who has found themselves scrolling through their Instagram feed for hours on end, you may be considering deleting your account. But before you do, there are a few things you should know. Here's a step-by-step guide on quickly deleting your Instagram account.
Using Web Browser
First, log into your account. Once you're logged in, click on the "Edit Profile" button in the top right-hand corner.
Scroll down and click on "Temporarily disable my account." Enter your password and then select a reason why you're disabling your account. Once you've done that, click on the button that says "Temporarily Disable Account".
Your account will now be disabled and you will no longer be able to log in. If you change your mind about deleting your account, just log in within 30 days. After that time is up, your account will be permanently deleted and you will not be able to recover it.
Using iOS or Android
If you're sure you want to delete your Instagram account, you can do so using the iOS or Android app. Keep in mind that once you delete your account, you won't be able to get it back or access any of the content or information you've shared on it.
To delete your Instagram account using the app:
- Tap or your profile picture in the bottom right to go to your profile.
- Tap in the top right, then scroll down and tap Account Information.
- Tap Delete Your Account, enter the password and tap Continue.
- Tap Permanently delete my account.
How to Un-delete Your Account
It's more than likely that at some point you considered deleting your Instagram account. Maybe it was because you were taking a break from social media, maybe you were fed up with the platform, or maybe you just wanted to start fresh. Whatever the reason, if you've decided that you want to undelete your Instagram account, we're here to help.
There are a few things you should know before we get started.
- First and foremost, un-deletion is not an instantaneous process. It can take up to 48 hours for Instagram to completely restore your account.
- Second, all of your old content will be restored along with your account. This includes any photos, videos, Stories, highlights, profile information, and followers that you had when you deleted your account.
- Lastly, if you delete your account again within those 48 hours after un-deletion, your account will be permanently gone and unable to be recovered.
Now that we've got that out of the way, let's get started on how to un-delete your Instagram account. The first thing you'll need to do is go to the Instagram website on a desktop computer or laptop. Once there, log in with the username and password associated with the deleted account. After logging in, a message will pop up asking if you're sure you want to reactivate your account. Click "Yes" and wait for Instagram to do its thing!
Don’t Be a Slave to Social Media – Delete Your Instagram Account
If you're addicted to Instagram, the first step is to delete your account. This may seem like a drastic measure, but it's the best way to break the addiction. Once you've deleted your account, you'll be free from the constant urge to check your feed and compare your life to others. You'll also be able to focus on more important things, like spending time with family and friends or pursuing your hobbies. So take the first step today and delete your account.